Thursday, August 20, 2009

News and Winners Announced

Well, I’m seemingly hopelessly behind around here. I review pretty much every book I read and I generally only read one book at a time. A quick glance over at the Currently Reading widget shows 4 books. Well, I’m really only reading one right now – Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson (US, UK, Canada, Indiebound). I’ve finished the others, but still need to right reviews for them. I got behind with work and personal travel last month, almost got caught up, and then got really busy again. Dust of Dreams is a huge book (just shy of 900 pages in hardback), so I’ll probably get caught up before I finish reading it. And maybe I’ll find some spare time for other posts, but we’ll see.

Anyway, enough about me. With the help of
Random.org, winners have been chosen for the WIND BAGS OF DUNE giveaway…err… the giveaway of two copies of The Winds of Dune by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert (US, UK, Canada, Indiebound) and 5 string Winds of Dune bags from the good people over at Tor Books. So the winners are…

Winds of Dune bags:
  • David from Toronto, Ontario
  • Linda from Burford, Ontario
  • John from Winder, Georgia
  • Ric from Cutler Bay, Florida
  • Bill from Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Signed copies of The Winds of Dune:
  • Jeff from Fitchburg, Massachusetts
  • Andrew from Toronto, Ontario
Congrats to all the winners!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got your email today letting me know that I've won a Winds of Dune bookbag. Thanks!

I read "Dune" for the first time while in highschool (1967?) and actually did a "book report" on it. I'm glad to see that the entire legend is still alive and well.

Thanks again,

John in Georgia

Anonymous said...

Wow! August has been a good month for me. First I won a book from Graeme and now a bag. Thanks!!

Bill

Anonymous said...

Cool, I just got back from a trip to find I won the book. I read the original books many years ago, and of course saw the movie. This should be an interesting addition to the series. Thanks Neth Space.

Andrew

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...