Friday, August 27, 2010

I’m Back, and I’m Catching Up

So I’m back from my trip to Romania. I may do another post summing it up, but I may not. It’ll largely depend on my mood and how busy I am next week. Over the past couple of days I’ve mostly caught up at work and I’m making good progress at home. I owe the blog a couple of reviews, but it’ll be next week at the earliest. I think I’ve even caught up on sleep and hope that I can actually stay awake long enough tonight to read a bit. My body doesn’t process jet lag as well as it once did, but I’m over the worst now.

Just to give you an idea of what I came home to – the picture below is all of the book packages that were waiting after about 3 weeks of travel.


I love getting books, but you can see why I’m always way behind here. There are so many good books and I have so little time for reading. If you’re curious, here they are out of the packages, 27 in total.


More regular programming should return next week, though defining regular programming would be a challenge anyway.

Ciao!

13 comments:

ediFanoB said...

I think it is more or less hopeless that you will read all these books. But the good things is you will never run out of books. And ther is no chance that you will getting bored when you retire :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of books! I hope my publisher sent mine before the onslaught!

Linda said...

You might run out of space to store your books though Ken.

Neth said...

Alex, your book made it before that batch.

Linda - might run out of space? It's a constant battle just to keep the books in the office.

redhead said...

let me guess, you're gonna spend the entire weekend. . . reading?

part of me is very jealous of your new TBR pile, but I know if that was staring me in the face every day, I'd just get insanely overwhelmed. So good luck to you!

Neth said...

I wish I had the time to read all weekend. Life keeps me far too busy for that. I did manage an hour on Friday and an hour last night, and I'm hopefull for another hour tonight.

Linda said...

LOL.

This week I'm aiming to buy Cory Doctorow's For the Win and China Mieville's Kraken and get them signed at WOrld Con. Bliss!

Neth said...

Linda, have fun at WorldCon. I'm envious that you'll get to meet so many great authors.

Be sure to chat with George RR Martin and his partner, Paris. They are fun people and easy to talk to (and George writes good stuff too).

Unknown said...

Great haul there. You are a lucky dog.

Linda said...

Thanks Ken. WorldCon only comes to Australia every 10 years or so, which is why I've pretty much dropped everything to attend. I plan on making the most of it. :)

Linda said...

Quick report: I haven't met George RR Martin yet, but I have China Mieville at a booksigning and Kaffeelatsche.

Neth said...

envious - I've never met Mieville and sitting down with him in a more intiment setting would be awesome.

Linda said...

Awesome is indeed what it was, Ken. He told us a little about how he works, and discussed his published books.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...