- 23 books read
- 21 Published in 2011
- I read more books published by Random House (6) and its various imprints than any other – 4 from Del Rey, 1 from Spectra, and 1 from Doubleday (I suppose you could bounce it up to a total with 7 if you count 1 book from Transworld on the other side of the pond). The next closest was Orbit with 5.
- 4 books were published by ‘small press’ (up from 3 last year)
- 1 was an anthology (down from 2 last year)
- 3are what I consider science fiction (down from 6 in 2010)
- 8 are what I consider epic fantasy (down from 10)
- Only 1 is what I consider steampunk (same)
- 6 are what I consider urban fantasy (down from 8)
- 2 are what I consider sword and sorcery (down from 4)
- I conducted 2 interviews and helped out with a couple of others
- There have been approximately 54,000 site visits this year (not counting RSS) from 131 countries. Roughly 45% from the USA, 14% from the UK, and 9% from Canada.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
2011 was another busy year here at Neth Space. The real world has kept me from reading as much as I’d like – but that’s nothing new, just a bit extreme as I adjust to life with 2 kids (one of which has a bit of a medical condition that takes up quite a bit of time and stress). I only managed to read 23 books in 2011, a disappointment, but I still count it as a victory. A few interesting stats are summed up below.
I wanted to like this one – this was one of the books I was looking forward to most in 2011. But it simply didn’t work for me. After the great start to this new series with The Judging Eye (review) I was very disappointed.