Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm a Winner! And an Update

Awesome! Some of you may recall when I (most recently) blogged about the Worldbuilder's charity drive that is sponsored every year by Patrick Rothfuss. It's a great cause and you can win books. Well, apparently my modest donation was still enough to make me a winner - apparently 3 times! I won two beautiful books from Subterranean Press - Two Worlds and In Between: The Best of Caitlin R. Kiernan Volume One (by Caitlin R. Kiernan if wasn't obvious enough) and Times Three by Robert Silverberg. I also won a children's book - Beatrice's Goat by Page McBrier and Lori Lohstoeter (Book Depository, Powell's Books, Indiebound). I've got 2 young kids and this looks like it'll be a great addition to their library. I encourage you all to donate to the next Worldbuilder's drive (and maybe win some cool books).


Update time (yet another update on why it's quite around here). I'm a broken record - I don't blog as much as I used to. I'm busy - I have full-time job, so does my wife, we have 2 kids (1 and 4) who we actually spend time with them, and I travel fairly often with work. That means I don't have much reading time and even less time for blogging. But I'll be carrying on at about the same rate as I've been over the last few months. I need to write-up a review for Arctic Rising by Tobias Buckell (Book Depository, Powell's Books, Indiebound) and I'm currently reading The Wood Wife by Terri Windling (Book Depository, Powell's Books, Indiebound). I've got a couple of whisky reviews in the queue and I still want to write up reviews for a couple of series/trilogies I've finished recently. I'm not yet sure what I'll read next, but we'll see in week or so.

4 comments:

Justin said...

Sub Press does beautiful work. Those are awesome. And all for a good cause.

Neth said...

yeah - the cover art on both is simply awesome! Too bad the more mainstream releases of books rarely get cover art even close to this quality.

Courtney Schafer said...

Just had to say I'm so glad to see someone reading Terri Windling's The Wood Wife. I adore the book, it's one of my favorite contemporary fantasies. (I really wish there were more of the mythic urban fantasies (as opposed to noir & paranormal romance) being published these days!)

Neth said...

thanks Courtney

I really love the mythic fantasy sub-genre, though I admittedly haven't thoroughly explored it. Just a few short stories and a de Lint book or 3 (and I really like his mythic writing). The Wood Wife has been on my shelf for quite a while now - I think it was the mention on your blog that brought it back to my attention - so thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...