Monday, November 26, 2012

Books Received and Update

So, I hope that everyone had a nice holiday weekend last week (at those of you who had holidays last week). It was good for me, though it's always hectic with the kids home. As I alluded to in this post (read it anyway, it's always good to give a little - or a lot) last week, life has been crazy lately, so posting has been sparse (though not much moreso than usual). However, I have had a bit more reading time come up, so I've managed to read quite a few. I need to write reviews for Of Blood and Honey by Stina Leicht (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon), Zoo City by Laurne Buekes (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon), and Shadow Ops: Fortress Frontier by Myke Cole (Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon). Of Blood and Honey was probably the best book I've read in 2012, so I expect it'll be a very positive review (I have a draft started so I hope to have a review posted this week), my thoughts on Zoo City were surprisingly mixed, but overall positive, and Fortress Frontier continues the excellence of Control Point (My Review, Indiebound, Book Depository, Amazon) - I'm not sure if I'll post a review of Fortress Frontier until January.
 
Anyway, the holiday is over and now I've got to play a ton of catch-up at work. So, I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up my reading pace. And I'm still unsure of what to read next - I have lots of good options.
 
Anyway, on to the books I've received in the last few weeks.

Books Received: November 3 - 25, 2012

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Look forward to your review of Stina Leicht's book. I've heard some good things.

It was a nice holiday weekend, but like you getting back to work after a bit of time off means there is a bunch of catch up to do. Its been a long week, glad tomorrow is Friday.

Neth said...

Thanks Carl. It'll probably be a few more days still before I find the time to get to that review. It's been a long week for me too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...